Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Church Involvement

I like to tell people that I was a Southern Baptist before I was born and than I became a Christian later.  It is true that I heard the gospel many times before I was even born and I grow up hearing it at home and at church.  Since my father was a minister church was a regular part of my life and still is today.

There are many preachers in my family both from my father’s side and my mother’s side of the family.  All of my siblings have felt a call into ministry.  My sister leads music in church and speaks at conferences.  My little brother is an ordained minister like myself and he is in seminary in Denver.  My older brother felt God call him into ministry when he was young.  I’ve often thought he would make a better pastor than me.  He is very gifted and I am sure that God is not finished with him yet.

No comments: