Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Salvation


Someone asked me once if I had a good salvation testimony.  I was a little taken aback by this question.  Aren’t all salvation stories good?  People have a misconception about what a testimony is about.  My salvation testimony is not about Alvin Kerry Chadwick.  It is about the One who saved Alvin Kerry Chadwick.  It is also about the incredible faith of my parents.  Many people are old when they realize their need for a savior and turn their lives over to Jesus Christ.  That didn’t happen to me.  At the very young age of five years old I came to see my need for Jesus.  At a tent revival that my father was leading in Picacho Hills, New Mexico, I walked down the dirt aisle and took my father by the hand and prayed to receive Jesus as my Lord and Savior.

It was easy to see my need for Jesus because I had heard my parents talk about it all the time.  But a life in Jesus was not just something that my parents talked about but it was something that they modeled.

As a child my faith was very simple as I have grown in age and faith I have learned more about the depth of God’s love and more about what it all means.  However, no matter how much I learn, I am amazed at the simplicity of salvation that a five year old can accept Jesus Christ.  Oh, what an incredible testimony that God would love the world so much that He would send His only Son to come and save people from their sins.  Oh, that more parent would model the love of Christ in their lives.  Oh, that all people would accept Jesus Christ as their savior at a young age and give their lives to Him.  Life would be so much better if they would.

No comments: