Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My First Bible

The first bible I remember getting was a Christmas gift from my mom and dad in 1977.  It was a red leather, New American Standard Study Bible.  I still have it today although it is not in very good shape.  It was used by God to bring me a long way in my faith.

I do write in my bibles sometimes.  I will underline a verse that means a lot to me or make a note about some insight to the word that I do not want to forget.  Often I stick little post it notes in my bible with thoughts or notes for preaching.  I have many bibles and I often give them away to other.

One of my favorite bibles is one that was carried by a missionary to Africa who was later a pastor in New Mexico.  His granddaughter gave it to me before she died of old age.  She called it the Missionary Bible.  Sometimes I like to hold it and think of the places that it has gone to and all the people who have heard the truth of God by hearing it read.

No comments: